Recreation Assistant (NF-0189-02)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- 9.70 - 9.70 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
Download this as a PDF by clicking here.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: MWR 021/2019
POSITION: RECREATION ASSISTANT---FRONT DESK/GYM
NF-0189-02; FLEXIBLE 0-40 HRS
PER WEEK/SALARY $9.70 PER HR
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES & SPOUSAL PREFERENCE ELIGIBLES
LOCATION: SANTIAGO FITNESS CENTER
NAVAL AIR STATION KINGSVILLE
OPEN: 30 JUL 2019 CLOSING: CONTINUOUS .
DUTIES: Incumbent answers patrons’ questions concerning functions in the Gymnasium and their location in a pleasant and tactful fashion. Verifies the identification of all persons entering the facility. Patrols the Gym both inside and out, circulating among the patrons to maintain good order to prevent damage to the facility and its equipment. May assist with the conducting of events. May issue equipment and gear. May operate a cash register and receives and accounts for funds being responsible for proper fund handling. May perform maintenance of equipment and assist in cleaning and making facility ready for use. Position requires a constant vigilance to ensure maximum security for funds, equipment, patrons and employees in and around the facility. Performs first aid in the event of an accident to a patron or employee and calls the medical facility for assistance when necessary. May relieve other Gymnasium personnel as appropriate. Specific instructions are provided by the supervisor. Work is reviewed in terms of how safely and efficiently the incumbent conducts his/her duties. Work is performed indoors or outdoors under varied weathered conditions. Physical exertion is involved in standing and walking for long periods. Position may require irregular working hours. The incumbent is responsible to the fitness director for the proper performance of duties. Specific instructions are provided by the supervisor. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to learn MWR policies, rules and regulations involving the work area, and have the ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must have knowledge of basic mathematics. Must present a neat and clean appearance.
HOW TO APPLY: Job Announcement and application website: navymwrkingsville.com. E-mail address: KNGV_MWRPERS@navy.mil. OR mail to: NAF Personnel, 601 Nimitz Avenue, Bldg.3766, Kingsville, TX 78363 - FAX (361) 516-4966.
- Resume (Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume)
- OF-306. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf
- Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.). Is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.). is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
We are an E-Verify participant.
EMPLOYMENT: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. This is a DOD standard method of payment. Executive Order 12564 established the goal of a Drug-Free Workplace Program in the Department of the Navy.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor