- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- 9.70 - 10.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
Download this job as a PDF here.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: MWR 017/2019
NF-0189-02; 0-40 HRS/PER WK- FLEXIBLE
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND
SPOUSE PREFERENCE ELIGIBLES
LOCATION: SANTIAGO FITNESS CENTER/POOL
NAS KINGSVILLE, TEXAS
OPENING DATE: 04 JUN 19 CLOSING DATE: CONTINUOUS
DUTIES: All applicants must be able to perform as a swimming pool lifeguard with the ability to perform rescue work, promptly renders CPR or emergency first aid and call for medical assistance as necessary. Enforce pool and safety regulation. Promptly reports safety hazards to supervisor. Completes incident reports and assists in maintaining routine documents and reports, is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the buildings and grounds at the pool area. Responsible for vacuuming, skimming, and routine pool maintenance. May operate water pumps and control chemical additives to ensure pool water meets specified standards. May apply disinfectant to showers, floors, and decks. May Check I. D. cards for authorized patrons and collect usage fees, if applicable. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Six months’ experience as a pool lifeguard preferred. Must have an approved and current nationally recognized certification as a lifeguard as well as basic first aid and CPR certification. In addition, skills in the use and maintenance of pool equipment is desired. Dexterity to handle a person in the water who may panic or be unconscious, understanding of and ability to enforce rigid safety regulations to ensure maximum protection of swimmers. Ability to use equipment to take pool readings. National and state background checks are required for positions that involve working with youth programs.
HOW TO APPLY: Job Announcement and application website: navymwrkingsville. E-mail address: KNGV_MWRPERS@navy.mil. OR mail to: NAF Personnel, 601 Nimitz Avenue, Bldg.3766, Kingsville, TX 78363..
- Resume (Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume)
- OF-306. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf
- Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.). Is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.). is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
We are an E-Verify participant.
EMPLOYMENT: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. This is a DOD standard method of payment. Executive Order 12564 established the goal of a Drug-Free Workplace Program in the Department of the Navy.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor