Recreation Assistant (NF-0189-02)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- 9.70 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
Download this as a PDF here.
NON-APPROPRIATED FUND (NAF) POSITION
ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: MWR 014-2019
POSITION: RECREATION ASSISTANT/SINGLE SAILOR (LIBERTY)
NF-0189-02 FLEX/POSITION 0-40 HRS PER WEEK
SALARY RANGE: $9.70 PER HOUR
MQR: ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS & SPOUSAL PREFRENCE ELIGIBLES
LOCATION: MWR COMMUNITY RECREATION DIVISION
NAS KINGSVILLE, KINGSVILLE, TX
ISSUE DATE: 23 MAY 2019 CONTINUOUS
INTRODUCTION: Performs a variety of duties in support of the Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR) Community Recreation program that may include special events, recreation information/resources, command events, trips, tours, outings, party and picnic rental equipment, resale tickets, recreational green space management, and outdoor recreation.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer service, information and support of Community Recreation programs and activities. Service to MWR customers includes, but is not limited to: checking patron eligibility to ensure authorized use of recreation facilities, resources and equipment, providing information about activities and program offerings, opening and closing facilities, ordering and restocking supplies.
- Collects fees from customers associated with sales of tickets, retail and rental items, as well as from classes, trips, and various other Community Recreation programs using Point of Sales (POS) and computer programs.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of daily sales transactions and completes a Daily Activity Report (DAR) at the end of every shift.
- Assists in processing customer Internet registrations (i.e. Net Near You), initial log-ins and event registrations.
- Checks Community Recreation equipment and resources in and out, collects any applicable rental fees, inventories, items and completes inspections upon return.
- Notifies supervisor or program lead of damage or loss has occurred.
- Ensures all rental checkout forms are properly completed and reservation and checkout procedures are followed.
- Conducts inventory, maintains inventory controls and maintains equipment for proper accountability of program equipment and resources.
- Assists in day-to-day administration of multiple programs to which assigned. Tasks include submission of event after-action reports, patronage data collection and entering program data.
- Provides administrative duties, all of which are accomplished through a variety of means, including computer software programs which track resource inventories, patron usage/comments, and program standards metrics.
- Assists with recruitment, training and scheduling of Community Recreation staff.
- Actively supports the command statement on adherence to the EEO principles and policies.
- Performs community outreach to assist in the development of contacts.
- Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements.
- Initiates and follows up on maintenance trouble calls to get equipment/facility issues resolved.
- Provides support for Community Recreation event set up and break down.
- Performs other duties assigned as they pertain to the duties of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Combination of experience related to customer service and or activity base functions... Ability to organize, plan, administer special events and entertainment activities. Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions and have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Knowledge of the goals, principles, techniques and procedures used in organizing, planning and conducting leisure time activities. Knowledge of the Navy MWR mission and the entire scope of Community Recreation activities and their suitability for individuals, groups, ages and interest. Knowledge of the functions, procedures, and operations of recreation activities. Must have strong customer service skills. Ability to maintain records, compile and organize data for reports, and perform research on recreation topics for dissemination to customers. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Knowledge of computers, office procedures and print production.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Incumbent must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and must have above average computer skills. Must have excellent customer service skills and must be able to speak in public. Irregular working hours may be required to include early shift, late shift, evenings, weekends and holidays when the need arises.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require considerable physical exertion while instructing or guiding participants in a variety of activities. Work may require sitting, walking, long periods of standing, bending and lifting of moderate heavy items up to 40 pounds, occasionally required to lift heavier items. Work may require working outside for special events.
HOW TO APPLY: Forward resume and a Non-Appropriated Fund employment application to E-mail address: KNGV_MWRPERS@NAVY.MIL. Website for application: navy.mrkingsville.com.
Resume-Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume
.Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
.If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc). is required.
.If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
.If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
.If-claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
.If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
.If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations
EMPLOYMENT: As a condition of employment, incumbent must successfully pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) and will be required to participate in the Director Deposit/Electronic Fund transfer. We are an E-Verify Participant.
THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR ANY OTHER MERIT FACTOR.