Bowling Equipment Worker (NA-7404-03)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- 9.28 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
To view this job as a PDF, please click here.
NON-APPROPRIATED FUND (NAF) POSITION
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: MWR 025/2019
POSITION: BOWLING EQUIPMENT WORKER, NA-7404-03
$9.28 PER HOUR/STEP 1
SALARY: FLEX POSITION; 0-40 HRS/WEEK
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES
& SPOUSAL PREFERENCE ELIGIBLES
LOCATION: STARS & STRIKES BOWLING CENTER
OPENING DATE: 06 SEP 19 CONTINUOUS
DUTIES: Makes minor corrective adjustments to bowling alley machinery as necessary. Clears ball and pin jams, repairs/replaces foul lights, and performs periodic preventive maintenance on automatic handling equipment such as vacuuming, ball cleaning machines, cleaning turn around pans, ball elevators, and cross conveyors on pinsetters. Assists with maintaining stock levels and keeping records on spare parts for automatic pinsetter and mechanical equipment. Replaces burned-out fuses and light bulbs and assists in replacement of electrical fixtures, if required.
Cleans, oils, and conditions lane surfaces. May sweep and mop floors. Dusts furniture and fixtures. Cleans walls and rest rooms and replaces washers in faucets, if required. Collects and removes trash. Advises supervisor/manager of unusual maintenance problems. Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must have manual dexterity necessary to make minor corrective adjustments to machinery and replace fixtures. Skill in the use of common hand tools and ability to perform limited preventive maintenance such as cleaning and oiling equipment and conditioning lane surfaces. Ability to use common cleaning materials and equipment and to safely operate and adjust bowling equipment.
Completes most work assignments without direction. Receives general instruction regarding tasks to be accomplished. Lifts and carries parts or objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Frequent bending, climbing, stooping, and working in awkward positions.
Working Conditions: Works indoors in adequately heated and lighted area. Exposed to loud noises, dust, grease, chemical cleaning solvents, and the possibility of cuts, bruises, abrasions, and electrical shock.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit documents listed below to: website: KNGV_MWRPERS@navy.mil. OR mail to: NAF Personnel, 601 Nimitz Avenue, Bldg.
3766, Kingsville, TX 78363... FAX: (361) 516-4966. Website for job announcement and application OF 306: navymwrkingsville.com.
- Resume (.Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume)
- .OF-306. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf
- .Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
- .If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- .If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.). is required.
- .If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- .If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
As a condition of employment, the incumbent must successfully pass a national agency check with inquiries (NACI) and will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer.
We are an E-Verify participant.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.